- What is Java
- How to Set path
- JDK, JRE and JVM
- Data Types and Operators
- Installing Java on Unix
- Running Java Program in Unix
- Objects and Classes
- Method Overlaoding
- Method Overriding
- Static Keyword
- This Keyword
- Abstract and Interface
- Abstract Class
- Overloading vs Overriding
- Need of collection API
- What is Unix and Architecture
- Unix Creating file
- Listing Files in Unix
- Hidden Files in Unix
- Displaying Contents of file
- Copying Files
- Home Directory
- Creating Directory and parent Directory
- Listing Directory
- Removing Directory and Changing Directory
- CHMOD command and File Access Modes
- Changing Groups and Owners
- grep and sort
- Consuming output of one command to another
- Starting a Process in foreground and background
- Listing Running Process
- Stopping a Process
- Top Command
- Data Warehouse Architecture
- OLTP v OLAP
- What is Data Warehouse
- What is Enterprise Data Warehouse
- What is Data Marts
- Source System and target Systems
- Staging Area
- Drill up and Drill down
- Facts and Dimensions
- Slowly Changing Dimensions
- Data and Growth
- What is Big Data ?
- What are three V's in Big Data
- Big Data Storage and Processing challenges
- Testers Role in Big Data Project ?
- Pre-requisites for Hadoop Testers ?
- 54 Lectures
- 29 Hrs 10 Mins
- What is Hadoop and Why Hadoop ?
- Hadoop Eco-Sysstem , how solutions fit in ?
- What Tester should know in Eco-System ?
- What are Hadoop Core-Componets ?
- How to Start and Stop the hadoop dameons ?
- Hadoop Versions, Flavour and What testers need to Know ?
- HDFS Architecture
- What is Namenode , Data Node and Secondary Namenode
- How to Browse the HDFS file System ?
- Validating the logs for the HDFS dameons ?
- Generating Test Data in HDFS
- Basic operations like mkdir , chmod , cat in HDFS.
- What is Job Tracker and Task Tracker ?
- Explaining a Weather Data Set Program ?
- Compiling and Verifying the Map-Reduce Program
- Difference between traditional RDBMS and MapReduce
- Location of Configuration files ?
- What are different configuration files in Hadoop
- Explaining the default parameters in the configuration files.
- How to overwrite the default parameters ?
- Testing Impact of Configuration
- Hadoop Data loading :SQOOP : Part 1
- What is Hadoop Data loading
- What is Sqoop
- Sqoop Architecture
- Sqoop 1 vs Sqoop 2
- Display Sqoop Version
- Sqoop Import Architecture
- Code Generation
- Testing for Data Quality and Data Consistency for Import
- Text and Binary File Formats in Scoop
Testing and Validating the output
- Importing Large objects like CLOB
- CLOB through SQL Insert
- Sqoop Import into Hive
- Dealing with the delta records ?
- last Modified and Append Modes
- Test and Validating for Incremental Load
- Export Architecture
- Exporting Data from Hive to Sqoop
- What is Flume ?
- Flume Architecture
- Understanding the Source and Sink
- Understanding the Memory Channel
- Flume first Example
- Workign with flume Configuration file
- Flume Second Example for HDFS sink
- Testing and Validating the Output of Flume Operations
- Overview Additional Source and Sink Support
- Validating the Configuration and Error from output
- Working with Twitter Source ?
- Configuration for Twitter Source
- Why Pig was Created ?
- Why Pig when Map-Reduce is there ?
- Pig Components.
- Pig Execution Modes
- Pig Example : Analysis for Weather Data Set.
- Testing Pig Output with Sampling.
- Pig for Data Cleaning
- Data Types and Models
- Data Type like Bag, Tuple ,Map
- Use Cases in Healthcare
- Execution Pig Programs
- Storing the Analysis Results from PiG
- Relation Operator
- Advance Concepts like Parallelism and Streaming
- Functions is Pig
- Hive Introduction
- Comparision with RDBMS Databases
- Working with Hive Shell
- Hive Data Types
- Hive Create Database and Drop Database
- Hive Create Table and Alter Table
- Hive Functions and Operators
- Creating View and Indexes in Hive
- Hive QL : Select , Group , Joins , Where clauses ?
- Analyzing Weather Data Set
- Testing the Hive Analyzed results againt Sample Output
- Hive and Metastore Derby
- Changing the Hive Metastore to Mysql
- Hive Managed vs External Tables
- Hive Storage with JSON
- Hive Storage and SerDE
- Testing the Output from Hive
- Hive UDF's
- Configuring and Testing the UDF's
- Hive Configurations
- Hive Web UI
- Hive Property Precedence
- Running Batch commands in Hive
- Hive and Pig Comparision
- Using Hive Schema for Pig Load
- What Tester need to know ?
- Three Key Challenges in Testing Big Data
- Identifying the Testing Gates and Entry Points
- Finding Bad Data and doing data Quality Checks
- Functional and Regression Testing
- Big Data Testing Stages and Testing Task